In a fun and silly attempt to encourage connecting with people at VMworld, I introduce to you: #WheresWino! Created by Aditya Vempaty (@avemii) and Stephen Foskett (@sfoskett) in a mostly-joking twitter chat, it turned into a real thing when Stephen started nominating additional competitors. Additions then nominated additions and a full-scale social game is afoot! As this game involves drinking, there are rules! We wouldn’t want it to get out of hand. As with all good games, there will be more and more rules so I will update this post accordingly.
- If you are a part of the game, other players will be looking for you. If they “find you” which means that they spot you somewhere other than at your booth, station, or place you are otherwise expected to be (mine is the blogger table, for instance) you are “found.” If you are found, you owe the person who found you a drink of their choosing. Since we won’t always be somewhere with a bar, consider it an IOU and you should meet them later for a drink.
- If you are stealthy enough to capture a picture of a player and tweet it with the hashtag #WheresWino without them catching you, you may subject that player to a drink of your choosing. This means if I sneak a picture of @mjbrender and he doesn’t know it, he’s drinking a Three Wise Men.
- Primarily, so no one ends up broke, no one will be obligated to buy more than 5 drinks.
- Participation is completely optional, and if you decide you’re done playing, you can just be done and no one will think any less of you. Except me.
- You should tweet about the game with the hashtag #WheresWino and invite friends. We want to encourage meeting new people, and connecting with old friends.
These are the rules for now. Enjoy, and most importantly, connect!